The Administrative Process Review Committee (APRC) formed in response to goal 4 of the University’s Strategic Plan, “Enhance organizational excellence by creating a culture of constant improvement.” In its commitment to constant process improvement, the APRC works collaboratively across campus to identify and evaluate opportunities for efficiency improvement and cost reduction. The Committee serves as a conduit for faculty, staff and students to suggest changes in administrative processes.
Anyone can contact the APRC by reaching out to a Committee member or completing the online form to offer an idea of a needed improvement or suggestion for a way to improve an existing process on campus. No idea is too small or too large. The APRC has provided suggestions on ways to enhance communication for greater transparency all the way to recommending a new position be created to better serve campus customer needs. You can read more about the APRC’s work in Completed Projects, Current Projects, and Communication.
APRC Committee Members
The APRC reports to Charles D. Leffler, Vice Chancellor for Finance and Business, and is comprised of faculty and staff members.
Current Committee Members
- Co-chair: Richard Gould, R J Reynolds Professor and Department Head, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Co-chair: Charles Cansler, Controller, Office of the Controller
- Lynn Burris, Executive Assistant, Finance and Business, Liaison
- Gwen Hazlehurst, Director of Enterprise Application Services, Office of Information Technology
- Dean Hesterberg, William Neal Reynolds Professor, Soil Science
- Rick Liston, Director of Integrated Support Service Center, Office of Research, Innovation and Economic Development
- Rory Loycano, Director of Research Administration, Physical Sciences Research
- Amy Mull, Director of Planning and Communication, Finance and Business, Liaison
- Jonathan Ocko, Professor and Department Head, History
- Barry Olson, Associate Vice Provost for Business Administration, Division of Academic and Student Affairs
- Samantha Parrett, Director of Business and Administrative Services, College of Veterinary Medicine Veterinary Health Complex
- Jessie Sova, Director of EPA Personnel, Human Resources
- Ellen Vasu, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, College of Education
- Michael Walker, Assistant Dean for Finance and Administration, College of Textiles
How the ARPC was Established
The APRC was created in July 2011 based on the recommendation of the Strategic Planning Resource Strategies Task Force and via a charge from Charles D. Leffler, Vice Chancellor for Finance and Business.
Read the Committee Charge.